- Published: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 04:13 PM
State Senator Tony Munoz joins in the fight against heart disease, the number one killer of Illinoisans.
Go Red For Women celebrates its 10th birthday this February. The movement focuses on educating women on the risk factors of heart disease, the warning signs of a heart attack and how to live a healthier lifestyle by exercising regularly and eating healthy.
You can show your support for Go Red For Women by wearing red on February 7th, National Wear Red Day.
Know the Signs of a Heart Attack
• Chest Discomfort – this could be discomfort in the chest that lasts for several minutes, or goes away and comes back
• Shortness of Breath
• Pain in the arms, neck, jaw and/or back
• Women may also experience nausea
Know the Risk Factors of Heart Disease
• Hypertension (high blood pressure)
• High cholesterol
• Lack of physical activity
• Not eating right
For more information on preventing heart disease, visit www.goredforwomen.org, or visit www.heart.org/centralil.
- Category: Latest